Friday, August 14, 2009

Another reason my wife is awesome!!!



As if the fact that she's stunningly beautiful, incredibly smart, hilariously funny, and impeccably talented in everything that she does wasn't enough; she had to go and kick it up a notch. Bam! (timely I know)

Last night she was helping me brew a batch of beer (for an upcoming brew gig) and it came time to throw away the spent grain. This is the left over grain used in the brewing process. We have thrown it away before but it starts to smell bad when it sits in our trash can for a week before the city comes to pick it up. So there we were, trying to
decide what to do with the spent grain. In my mind I had decided that we should just throw it away- but my awesome wife had a better idea...

Ahh such beauty, such grace, and in her infinite giving spirit she said, "I wonder if we can give that spent grain to a local farmer or a community garden. Next thing i know she is on the phone with a lady from the community garden that was so excited to have the stuff. But wait, there's more!

While I was tending the boil, carefully adding the insane amounts of hops (an IPA for the lucky brewgig client), she comes back down to the garage with a measuring cup and tells me that she is going to make me chocolate chip cookies with some of the spent grains. WOW!

I am a lucky man. Not only do i have a supportive wife that will help me brew a batch of beer even into the wee hours of the night, but she'll make me chocolate chip spent grain cookies too.

Brew good to do good- at its finest-

Cheers!

No comments: